IndianMasala.com - Visit IndianMasala.com for the latest Bollywood and South Masala Pictures in HQ!

View Poll Results: Vote for the winner of the first contest - Genre: Humor (Poll ends on Jan 31)

Voters
325. You may not vote on this poll
  • masalaluver

140 43.08%
  • maqubex

33 10.15%
  • norasree

37 11.38%
  • sa_ag47

24 7.38%
  • tophilis

44 13.54%
  • wataguy

47 14.46%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1456 of 1965
FirstFirst ... 456 956 1356 1406 1446 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1466 1506 1556 1956 ... LastLast
Results 21,826 to 21,840 of 29475

Thread: E-BOOKS - Download 1000s of FREE books!

Quote Originally Posted by meccano View Post
    Here's a few more Colin Forbes:

http://www.mediafire.com/?8977br114w8j6wc
    Hi Meccano,

Is it possible to zip the file with anything other than 7zip. I can't extract the file.

Thanks
    All credit to the original uploaders, people who are dedicated and actually buy the books and scan them for our pleasure. I just find the books and post them here.
    If any book(s) I post is a repost, it is not done deliberately, and a message will be enough for me to take down my link.

Since the interest in Colin Forbes seems high & just in case my friend praneetbajpaie doesn't have them here are 4 more that I have but are not in the Tweed series.
    Heights of Zervos, The
    Leader And The Damned, The
    Stone Leopard, The
    Year of the Golden Ape
    http://ifile.it/jzha0yu
    Observe the masses and do the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by FuriousPig View Post
    thanks a lot!

thanks for these books, I didn't have many of them... Thanks a ton...!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by praneetbajpaie View Post
    Hi Meccano,

Is it possible to zip the file with anything other than 7zip. I can't extract the file.

Thanks
    I have repacked these as a zip but all credit goes to Meccano, so thanks to him for the contribution.

Hope you don't mind the repost, I will remove if you do.

7zip is Open Source & Free, so it is a worthy download. It will work alongside other archiving programs & can deal with RARs & Zips. Give it a go!

http://www.mediafire.com/?dsw9bzskne31tdg
    Observe the masses and do the opposite.

Since the interest in Colin Forbes seems high & just in case my friend praneetbajpaie doesn't have them here are 4 more that I have but are not in the Tweed series.
    Heights of Zervos, The
    Leader And The Damned, The
    Stone Leopard, The
    Year of the Golden Ape
    http://ifile.it/jzha0yu
    Thanks, didn't have a couple from this list.
    All credit to the original uploaders, people who are dedicated and actually buy the books and scan them for our pleasure. I just find the books and post them here.
    If any book(s) I post is a repost, it is not done deliberately, and a message will be enough for me to take down my link.

I have repacked these as a zip but all credit goes to Meccano, so thanks to him for the contribution.

Hope you don't mind the repost, I will remove if you do.

7zip is Open Source & Free, so it is a worthy download. It will work alongside other archiving programs & can deal with RARs & Zips. Give it a go!

http://www.mediafire.com/?dsw9bzskne31tdg

Thanks to both Meccano and FuriousPig. You guys have helped me a lot.

Carol Berg - Son of Avonar (The first book in the Bridge of D'Arnath series) (HTML)

Magic is forbidden throughout the Four Realms. For decades, sorcerers and those associating with them were hunted to near extinction.

But Seri, a Leiran noblewoman living in exile, is no stranger to defying the unjust laws of her land. She is sheltering a wanted fugitive who possesses unusual abilities-a fugitive with the fate of the realms in his hands...

Carol Berg - Guardians of the Keep (The second book in the Bridge of D'Arnath series) (HTML)

Seri has one errand to do as she waits for her beloved Prince of Avonar to regain his memory: to relay her brother's dying words to his son. But something is clearly wrong with the ten-year-old. Secretive, isolated, angry, the boy shows an inordinate terror of Seri's past. Though determined not to care for a child whose life she resents, she finds herself intrigued. And when an old nemesis arrives at her ancestral home...the world falls apart. A child with secrets, a sorcerer with a broken mind, a woman armed only with courage and wit, and an illiterate boy who knows everything of honor...all ensnared by the Lords of Zhev'Na in their plot to destroy D'Arnath's Bridge and plunge two worlds into chaos.

Carol Berg - The Soul Weaver (The third book in the Bridge of D'Arnath series) (HTML)

The evil Lords of Zhev'Na kept Gerick captive for months. Although his parents rescued him, he remains tormented by his experience-and mistrusted even by those who love him. Accused of treason, Gerick flees and takes refuge in a magical realm full of outcasts, where he will discover how to use his own magical talent-soul weaving-to save his people from Zhev'Na.

Carol Berg - Daughter of Ancients (The fourth book in the Bridge of D'Arnath series) (HTML)

"Heed my last word, Destroyer. You will never be free of us. No matter in what realm we exist at the end of this day, you will not escape the destiny we designed for you. You are our instrument. Our Fourth. Every human soul - mundane or Dar'Nethi - will curse the day you first drew breath."

Fear of the Lords' curse was only one reason Gerick never intended to return to Avonar. Five years after the end of the war, the Dar'Nethi still revile the young Fourth Lord and are happy to believe him dead. And in his own realm of the Bounded, he can forget the past and refuse the unsavory temptations of sorcery. But when tragic family business takes Gerick back to his father's world, he is asked to investigate a woman from the desert - the charismatic D'Sanya, D'Arnath's own daughter so she claims, held captive for a thousand years. Tangled in bonds of love, family, memory, and guilt, Gerick sets out to unravel the mysteries of ancient kings, ancient evil, and the dreadful truth of his own destiny.

FileSonic
    Code:
    http://www.filesonic.com/file/1352438874/cbbod.rar

Carol Berg - Flesh and Spirit (The first book in the Valen series) (HTML)

In a land torn apart by civil war, pestilence, and shaky alliances, a man branded a traitor may be the world's only hope...

The rebellious son of a long line of pureblood cartographers and diviners, Valen has spent most of his life trying to escape what society -- and his family -- ordained for him. His own mother has predicted that he will meet his doom in water and blood and ice. And her divination seems fulfilled when a comrade abandons Valen in a rainy wilderness half-dead, addicted to an enchantment that converts pain to pleasure, and possessing only a stolen book of maps.

Offered sanctuary in a nearby monastery, Valen discovers that his book -- rumored to lead men into the realm of angels -- gains him entry into a world of secret societies, doomsayers, monks, princes, and madmen, all seeking to unlock the mystery of the coming dark age. Unfortunately, the key to Navronne's doom is buried in half-forgotten myth--and the secrets of his own past...

Carol Berg - Breath and Bone (The second book in the Valen series) (HTML)

Everyone in Navronne seems to be after Valen. There is the fanatical Harrower priestess, Sila Diaglou, who wants to raze the kingdom. The Bastard Prince Osriel, who steals dead men's eyes. And the Pureblood Registry, determined to keep every pureblood sorcerer in thrall. Even beings out of myth, the Danae guardians, whose dancing nurtures the earth and whose attention could prove the most costly of all.

As Navronne sinks deeper into civil war and perilous winter, Valen finds himself a bargaining chip in a deadly standoff. Doomed to madness by his addiction to the doulon, and bound by oaths he refuses to abandon, the young sorcerer risks body and soul to rescue one child, seek justice for another, and bring the ailing land its righteous king. Yet no one is who they seem, and Valen's search for healing grace leads him from Harrower dungeons to the very heart of the world. In the twilight of a legend, he at last discovers the hard truth of the coming dark age and the glorious, terrible price of the land's redemption...and his own.

FileSonic
    Code:
    http://www.filesonic.com/file/1352438914/cbv.rar

Carol Berg - The Spirit Lens (The first book in the Collegia Magica series) (HTML, EPUB, MOBI)

In a kingdom on the verge of a grand renaissance, where natural science has supplanted failing sorcery, someone aims to revive a savage rivalry...

For Portier de Savin-Duplais, failed student of magic, sorcery's decline into ambiguity and cheap illusion is but a culmination of life's bitter disappointments. Reduced to tending the library at Sabria's last collegia magica, he fights off despair with scholarship. But when the king of Sabria charges him to investigate an attempted murder that has disturbing magical resonances, Portier believes his dreams of a greater destiny might at last be fulfilled.

As the king's new agente confide, Portier - much to his dismay - is partnered with the popinjay Ilario de Sylvae, the laughingstock of Sabria's court. Then the need to infiltrate a magical cabal leads Portier to Dante, a brooding, brilliant young sorcerer whose heretical ideas and penchant for violence threaten to expose the investigation before it's begun. But in an ever-shifting landscape of murders, betrayals, old secrets, and unholy sorcery, the three agentes will be forced to test the boundaries of magic, nature, and the divine...

Carol Berg - The Soul Mirror (The second book in the Collegia Magica series) (HTML, EPUB, MOBI)

With no magic talent of her own, Anne de Vernase must take on her sister's magical legacy to unravel the secrets behind the dark sorcery besieging the royal city of Merona-and to uncover the truth behind her sister's death.

FileSonic
    Code:
    http://www.filesonic.com/file/1352438884/cbcm.rar

Carol Berg - Song of the Beast (HTML)

Brutal imprisonment has broken Aidan McAllister. Once the most famous musician of his generation, celebrated as a man beloved of the gods, his voice is now silent, his hands ruined, his music that offered beauty and hope to war-torn Elyria destroyed. Even the god who nurtured his talent since boyhood has abandoned him. But no one ever told him his crime. To discover the truth, he must risk his hard-bought freedom to unlock the mind of his god and the heart of his enemy.

FileSonic
    Code:
    http://www.filesonic.com/file/1352438894/cbsotb.rar

Carol Berg, Jean Johnson, Sharon Shinn and Rebecca York - Elemental Magic (HTML)

Four all-new stories of romance, fantasy, and natural enchantment.

From wizards to weathermen, many know the powers of the four elements-natural forces that can direct the fates, change destiny, and unite lovers in the most unexpected ways. Now, those magical elements-air, fire, water, and earth-come together in perfect balance, and a perfectly unique romance anthology, from four charmed authors.

In Air find romance in a breathless retelling of the Cinderella fable from award-winning Sharon Shinn, "an amazing writing talent"(Best Reviews).

In Fire blazes adventure in a parallel dimension of werewolves and love-slaves from USA Today bestselling Rebecca York, "a true master" (Rave Reviews).

In Water resides fantasy and a remarkable universe of magic, demons, and dangerous passion from "thoroughly original" (Starburst) award-winner Carol Berg.

And in Earth discover the ultimate in profound pleasure from Jean Johnson, "a fresh new voice in fantasy romance" (Robin D. Owens).

FileSonic
    Code:
    http://www.filesonic.com/file/1352438924/cbvar.rar

Alison Sinclair - Darkborn (The first book in the Darkborn Trilogy series) (HTML)

A new romantic fantasy of magic, manners, and espionage that is also a "fast-paced thriller" (Carol Berg).

For the Darkborn, sunlight kills. For the Lightborn, darkness is fatal. Living under a centuries-old curse, the Darkborn and the Lightborn share the city of Minhorne, coexisting in an uneasy equilibrium but never interacting. When Darkborn physician Balthasar Hearne finds a pregnant fugitive on his doorstep just before sunrise, he has no choice but to take her in. Tercelle Amberley's betrothed is a powerful Darkborn nobleman, but her illicit lover came to her through the daytime. When she gives birth to twin boys, they can see, something unheard of among the Darkborn. When men come for the boys, Balthasar is saved by the intervention of his Lightborn neighbor-and healed by the hands of his wife, Telmaine. Soon he finds himself drawn deeper into political intrigue and magical attacks, while Telmaine must confront a power she can no longer keep sheathed in gloves, a power she neither wants nor can control.

Alison Sinclair - Lightborn (The second book in the Darkborn Trilogy series) (HTML, EPUB, MOBI)

The second book in the Regency-flavored fantasy trilogy of magic and manners from the author of Darkborn.

The Darkborn aristocracy has rejected magic, viewing the pursuit of science as the only worthy goal. But Lady Telmaine Hearne does not have that luxury. She has kept her own powers secret, fearful of being ruined in society...until her husband Balthasar draws her into a conspiracy to protect the archduke and his brother against a magical enemy. But who will protect them from her?

FileSonic
    Code:
    http://www.filesonic.com/file/1352703111/asd.rar

Sarah Monette - Melusine (The first book in the Doctrine of Labyrinths series) (HTML)

Mélusine-a city of secrets and lies, pleasure and pain, magic and corruption, and destinies lost and found...

Felix Harrowgate is a dashing, highly respected wizard. But the horrors of his past as an abused slave have returned, and threaten to destroy all he has since become.

As a cat burglar, Mildmay the Fox is used to being hunted. But now he has been caught by a wizard. And yet the wizard was looking not for Mildmay, but for Felix Harrowgate...

Thrown together by fate, these unlikely allies will uncover a shocking secret that will link them inexorably together.

Sarah Monette - The Virtu (The second book in the Doctrine of Labyrinths series) (HTML)

Felix Harrowgate was a powerful wizard until his former master wrenched Felix's magic from him and used it to shatter the Virtu-the orb that is the keystone for the protection and magic of the wizards of the city. Felix's only chance to reclaim the life he once knew is to restore the Virtu.

Mildmay the Fox was an assassin and a cat-burglar-until a curse caught up with him and his life changed forever. Now his fate is tied to Felix's, for good or ill, by blood...and by magic. With Mildmay's help, Felix must repair that which has been broken, and face the shadows of his past.

Sarah Monette - The Mirador (The third book in the Doctrine of Labyrinths series) (HTML)

The dashing wizard Felix Harrowgate has reclaimed his sanity, magic, and position in society. But even as he returns to his former place in the Mirador-the citadel of power and wizardry-there are many who desire his end. Mildmay the Fox is an ex-assassin, a cat-burglar, and Felix's half-brother. Tied to Felix by blood and magic, Mildmay goes where Felix goes-even into the Mirador. There, Mildmay finds himself drawn to an alluring spy of the Bastion, a rival school of wizards.

The Bastion desires above all else to bring down the Mirador, and Felix is the key to its destruction. But Mildmay cannot let Felix stand alone, and will fight to save both his brother and his city from certain ruin.

Sarah Monette - Corambis (The fourth book in the Doctrine of Labyrinths series) (HTML)

The spellbinding conclusion to the brilliant fantasy series by the author of The Mirador and Mélusine.

Exiled from Mélusine for the crime of heresy, the once powerful Cabaline wizard Felix Harrowgate and his half-brother Mildmay, former cat-burglar and assassin, journey to Corambis to face judgment from a ruling body of wizards. Corambis, however, is a land plagued by civil strife. Kay Brightmore, the Margrave of Rothmarlin, is part of an insurrection to restore the monarchy in the southern half of the country. In desperation, Kay and his rebels seek out the engine of Summerdown, an ancient magical device rumored to have terrible powers. Once the engine is awakened, only a powerful wizard can stop its awesome potential for destruction. Felix and Mildmay arrive just in time for their greatest challenge - and ultimate destiny.

FileSonic
    Code:
    http://www.filesonic.com/file/1352703281/smdol.rar

Elizabeth Bear and Sarah Monette - A Companion to Wolves (The first book in the Iskryne World series) (HTML)

A Companion to Wolves is the story of a young nobleman, Isolfr, who is chosen to become a wolfcarl -- a warrior who is bonded to a fighting wolf. Isolfr is deeply drawn to the wolves, and though as his father's heir he can refuse the call, he chooses to go.
    The people of this wintry land depend on the wolfcarls to protect them from the threat of trolls and wyverns, though the supernatural creatures have not come in force for many years. Men are growing too confident. The wolfhealls are small, and the lords give them less respect than in former years. But the winter of Isolfr's bonding, the trolls come down from the north in far greater numbers than before, and the holding's complaisance gives way to terror in the dark.
    Isolfr, now bonded to a queen wolf, Viradechtis, must learn where his honor lies, and discover the lengths to which he will to go when it, and love for his wolf, drive him.

FileSonic
    Code:
    http://www.filesonic.com/file/1352703261/smcow.rar

Daniel Abraham - A Shadow in Summer (The first book in the Long Price Quartet series) (HTML)

The powerful city-state of Saraykeht is a bastion of peace and culture, a major center of commerce and trade. Its economy depends on the power of the captive spirit, Seedless, an andat bound to the poet-sorcerer Heshai for life. Enter the Galts, a juggernaut of an empire committed to laying waste to all lands with their ferocious army. Saraykeht, though, has always been too strong for the Galts to attack, but now they see an opportunity. If they can dispose of Heshai, Seedless's bonded poet-sorcerer, Seedless will perish and the entire city will fall. With secret forces inside the city, the Galts prepare to enact their terrible plan. In the middle is Otah, a simple laborer with a complex past. Recruited to act as a bodyguard for his girlfriend's boss at a secret meeting, he inadvertently learns of the Galtish plot. Otah finds himself as the sole hope of Saraykeht, either he stops the Galts, or the whole city and everyone in it perishes forever.

Daniel Abraham - A Betrayal in Winter (The second book in the Long Price Quartet series) (HTML)

Daniel Abraham delighted fantasy readers with his brilliant, original, and engaging first novel, A Shadow in Summer. Now he has produced an even more powerful sequel, a tragedy as darkly personal and violent as Shakespeare's Macbeth.

As a boy, Otah Machi was exiled from his family, Machi's ruling house. Decades later, he has witnessed and been part of world-changing events. Yet he has never returned to Machi. Now his father--the Khai, or ruler, of Machi--is dying and his eldest brother Biitrah has been assassinated, Otah realizes that he must return to Machi, for reasons not even he understands.

Tradition dictates that the sons of a dying Khai fall upon each other until only one remains to succeed his father. But something even worse is occurring in Machi. The Galts, an expansive empire, has allied with someone in Machi to bring down the ruling house. Otah is accused, the long-missing brother with an all-too-obvious motive for murder.

With the subtlety and wonderful storytelling skill of his first novel, Abraham has created a masterful drama filled with a unique magic, a suspenseful thriller of sexual betrayal, and Machiavellian politics.

Daniel Abraham - An Autumn War (The third book in the Long Price Quartet series) (HTML)

Daniel Abraham delighted fantasy readers with his brilliantly original and engaging first novel, and in his second penned a tragedy as darkly personal and violent as Shakespeare's King Lear. Now he has written an epic fantasy of much wider scope and appeal that will thrill his fans and enthrall legions of new readers.

Otah Machi, ruler of the city of Machi, has tried for years to prepare his people for a future in which the magical andat, entities that support their commerce and intimidate all foes, can no longer be safely harnessed. But his efforts are too little, too late. The Galts, an expansionist empire from across the sea, have tired of games of political espionage and low-stakes sabotage. Their general, a ruthless veteran, has found a way to do what was thought impossible: neutralize the andat.

As the Galtic army advances, the Poets who control the andat wage their own battle to save their loved-ones and their nation. Failure seems inevitable, but success would end the Galtic threat.

With wonderful storytelling skill, Abraham has wedded the unique magic, high-stakes betrayal and political intrigue of his previous works with a broad tapestry of action in a spectacular fantasy epic.

Daniel Abraham - The Price of Spring (The fourth book in the Long Price Quartet series) (HTML)

Fifteen years have passed since the devastating war between the Galt Empire and the cities of the Khaiem in which the Khaiem's poets and their magical power known as 'andat'� were destroyed, leaving the women of the Khaiem and the men of Galt infertile.

The emperor of the Khaiem tries to form a marriage alliance between his son and the daughter of a Galtic lord, hoping the Khaiem men and Galtic women will produce a new generation to help create a peaceful future.

But Maati, a poet who has been in hiding for years, driven by guilt over his part in the disastrous end of the war, defies tradition and begins training female poets. With Eiah, the emperor's daughter, helping him, he intends to create andat, to restore the world as it was before the war.

Vanjit, a woman haunted by her family's death in the war, creates a new andat. But hope turns to ashes as her creation unleashes a power that cripples all she touches.

As the prospect of peace dims under the lash of Vanjit's creation, Maati and Eiah try to end her reign of terror. But time is running out for both the Galts and the Khaiem.

FileSonic
    Code:
    http://www.filesonic.com/file/1352703211/dalpq.rar

Jennifer Fallon - Medalon (The first book in the Demon Child series) (HTML)

"Medalon in an intriguing, intelligent and fun read with a refreshing take on female characters so

often not seen in the genre."
    Elizabeth Haydon

According to legend, the last king of the Harshini sired a half-human child, known as the Demon

Child, born to destroy a god . . .

The Sisterhood of the Blade rules Medalon with an iron fist-within the gauntlet of the Defenders,

elite warriors sworn to uphold the sisters and keep Medalon free of heathen influence.

R'shiel, daughter of the First Sister of the Blade, has pulled against the short leash of her

mother ever since she was a child. Her half-brother, Tarja, is the dutiful son who serves as a

Captain in the Defenders. But when they run afoul of their mother's machinations, they must flee

for their lives. They soon find themselves caught up in the rebellion against the Sisterhood,

though they revile their fellow conspirators heathen belief in the Harshini--a fabled race of

magical beings thought long extinct.

But then Tarja & R'shiel encounter Brak, an Harshini outcast, who forces them to face the most

shocking fact of all: R'shiel just may be the Demon Child, brought into this world to destroy an

evil god.

Jennifer Fallon - Treason Keep (The second book in the Demon Child series) (HTML)

R'shiel is dying, her destiny unfulfilled. To save her, the half-Harshini Brak reluctantly makes a

terrible bargain, as survival of the hidden Harshini race hangs in the balance. Political turmoil

spreads across Medalon and its neighbouring countries as the gods vie for power, using humans as

pawns in a deadly battle for supremacy. To avert bloodshed on a massive scale, three warring

kingdoms must unite to diffuse the threat of Karien, a nation led by possessed priests and

fanatics. But is alliance possible in a climate of fear and mistrust? Only the demon child has the

power to compel obedience, but will she master her new talents in time to stop a divine war ...

Jennifer Fallon - Harshini (The third book in the Demon Child series) (HTML)

Medalon has surrendered to Karien and Tarja is once more an outlaw. The Defenders are scattered

and their only hope for aid is Damin Wolfblade and the vast army of Hythria. But Damin has his own

problems to solve first,including false claimants to the throne, civil war... and, of course,

Adrina. R'shiel has finally accepted her destiny, and is searching for answers. But time is

running out. She must defeat Xaphista soon, for the Harshini king cannot hide Sanctuary for much

longer. But how can she defeat a God?

FileSonic
    Code:
    http://www.filesonic.com/file/1354661344/jfdc.rar

Jennifer Fallon - The Lion of Senet (The first book in the Second Sons series) (EPUB)

On the world Ranadon there is no night as both suns shine brightly. The intervention of Belagren,

High Priestess of the Shadowdancers, and the sacrifice of a child of royal blood, has banished the

Age of Shadows from the skies. Belagren's position is unquestioned . . . until circumstances begin

to tip political rivalries into a deadlier game altogether.

A volcanic eruption rocks the seas separating the Kingdom of Dhevyn and the mainland Kingdom of

Senet, and a mysterious sailor is shipwrecked on the island of Elcast. Badly wounded, his arrival

stirs up old hatreds and unravels old secrets. His presence is enough to even bring Antonov, the

powerful Lion of Senet, to the island and fear to the Keep of the Duke of Elcast.

A strong friendship develops between Dirk, second son of the Duke, and Kirshov Latanya, second son

of the Lion of Senet. But will they, and their friendship, survive the chain of events set in

motion by the ambitions of the ruthless High Priestess of the Shadowdancers and the domineering

Lion of Senet?

This first book of the Second Sons Trilogy establishes Jennifer Fallon as one of the most unique

voices in fantasy fiction, as she creates full characters, and takes intelligent plotting to a

whole new level in order to establish unparalleled complexity and tension.

Jennifer Fallon - Eye of the Labyrinth (The second book in the Second Sons series) (EPUB)

"[The Lion of Senet has] characters that grow, intrigue that deepens--a writer to watch in

the future."
    Janny Wurts

"The best fantasy I've read this year . . . anyone who loves Guy Gavriel Kay or George RR Martin

will devour this book . . ."
    --Nexus

"Fallon writes with a fresh and engaging touch."
    --NW Magazine?

Since the Age of Shadows ended, the people of Ranadon have lived under the merciless heat of two

suns and the tyranny of Antonov, the Lion of Senet. Consumed by his lust for power and his

unshakable belief in the capricious, almighty Goddess, Antonov?s rule is absolute. Only one man

has the intelligence and will to break that hold?a man who could be King.

Suddenly widowed, Morna Provin, Duchess of Elcast, has lost her only protector. With her son

banished for an unspeakable crime, she faces a horrifying fate at the hands of the Lion of Senet

as retribution for her relationship with the heretic Johan Thorn. But it is only part of a cunning

scheme to lure her son, Dirk Provin, back into the fold so Antonov can consolidate his power once

and for all.

With his mother?s life at stake, Dirk Provin must emerge from hiding in the Baenlands and return

to Elcast?setting in motion a rebellion that will expose long-buried secrets and ignite festering

hatreds. For a ruler?s fears and a madman?s prophecy will start Dirk on a quest for truth that

will spark a fierce battle between two very different men: one who believes only what his five

senses tell him, the other obsessed by his faith in the divine. It is a clash that will bring to

light a revelation that may shatter them all.

Jennifer Fallon - Lord of the Shadows (The third book in the Second Sons series) (EPUB)

Darkness threatens Ranadon again in the form of an eclipse. The Goddess wants to give the people

of Ranadon a sign - and only Dirk Provin can interpret it. To do so, Dirk has systematically

betrayed his one-time allies to join his most hated enemies. Now, with neither side trusting him,

Dirk sets his own devious plot in motion

Senet's Crippled Prince, Misha, has found unexpected and tenuous sanctuary among the Baenlanders

of Mil. To secure their trust, he offers them the one thing they cannot refuse. Meanwhile, Alenor,

Queen of Dhevyn, betrayed by her husband, Kirsh, and Tia Veran, deceived by Dirk, set out for

revenge and to finally free their people at any cost. As the second sons and the rest of their

generation
    pursue different paths to survival and freedom, they discover that the will of the Goddess - and

of men - works in mysterious ways. And as Dirk's old enemies join with new ones, his attempt to

save Ranadon may cost him his friends, his love...and his life.

FileSonic
    Code:
    http://www.filesonic.com/file/1354661364/jfss.rar

Jennifer Fallon - Wolfblade (The first book in the Wolfblade Trilogy series) (EPUB, MOBI)

Marla Wolfblade of Hythria is determined to restore her family's great name, but conspirators

surround her: the Sorcerers' Collective, the Patriots -- even members of her own family. She must

make sure her son Damin lives to be old enough to restore the Wolfblade name to its former glory.

Elezaar the Dwarf is a small man with big secrets -- but that doesn't matter to Marla Wolfblade.

Her brother is the High Prince of Hythria, and, in this fiercely patriarchal society, her fate

will be decided on his whim. She needs someone politically astute to guide her through the maze of

court politics -- and Elezaar the Dwarf knows more than he lets on.

As Elezaar teaches Marla the Rules of Gaining and Wielding Power, Marla starts on the road to

becoming a tactician and a wily diplomat -- but will that be enough to keep her son alive?

Jennifer Fallon - Warrior (The second book in the Wolfblade Trilogy series) (EPUB, MOBI)

It is eight years since Marla Wolfblade buried her second husband. In that time, she has become

the power behind Hythria's throne -- as much from a desire to control her own destiny in any way

she can, as to protect her son, young Damin.

But while Marla plays the games of politics and diplomacy, the High Arrion of the Sorcerers'

Collective is plotting to destroy her -- and the entire Wolfblade line.

And while Marla's power and fortune are great, they may yet not be enough to protect herself and

her family from the High Arrion's wrath -- and her only ally and confidant, Elezaar the Fool, is

toying with the idea of betrayal.

For he has discovered that the infamous Rules of Gaining and Wielding Power are not so useful when

his own family is involved...

Jennifer Fallon - Warlord (The third book in the Wolfblade Trilogy series) (EPUB, MOBI)

Marla Wolfblade is reeling from the loss of her closest confidant, Elizaar the Fool, who taught

her the Rules of Gaining and Wielding Power, and helped shape her into a force in Hythria. But

Marla's plans for revenge are disrupted when she discovers she has a dangerous adversary.... On

the border, Fardohnya has massed its troops for an invasion, and Marla's eldest son, Damin

Wolfblade, heir to the throne of Hythria, finds his ability to fight back is thwarted by

tradition, politics, and the foolishness of the High Prince... Back in Krakandar, Mahkas Damaran

awaits news of the battle and has sealed the city against Damin's return. With the city on the

brink of starvation, it seems only theft on an unprecedented scale can free Krakandar from

Mahkas's madness and tyranny... and destroy Hythria's web of secrets and lies.

FileSonic
    Code:
    http://www.filesonic.com/file/1354661384/jfwt.rar

Jennifer Fallon - The Immortal Prince (The first book in the Tide Lords series) (DOC)

When a routine hanging goes wrong and a murderer somehow survives the noose, the man announces he

is an immortal. And not just any immortal, but Cayal, the Immortal Prince, hero of legend, thought

to be only a fictional character, a figure out of the Tide Lord Tarot, the only record left on

Amyrantha of the mythical beings whom the part-animal, part-human Crasii believe created their

race.

Arkady Desean is an expert on the legends of the Crasii. At the request of her childhood friend,

Declan Hawkes, the Kings Spymaster, she is sent interrogate this would be immortal, hoping to

prove he is a spy, or at the very least, a madman.

Set the task of proving Cayal a liar, Arkady's own web of lies, and that of her husband and the

King's Spymaster will start to unravel. Nothing is really as it seems around Cayal, the Immortal

Prince - the lies seem plausible, his stories improbable and truth more than any of them bargained

for.

Jennifer Fallon - The Gods of Amyrantha (The second book in the Tide Lords series) (EPUB)

In this vivid but inflated second installment of Fallon's Tide Lords fantasy-romance series (after 2008's The Immortal Prince), new characters and increasingly ghoulish torments propel a thin narrative centered on doughty heroine Arkady Desean, nominal wife of Stellan, the Kingdom of Glaeba's heir. Arkady is bent on destroying the immortal and frequently petulant Tide Lords, who want to take over the world. Declan Hawkes, Glaeba's spymaster and Arkady's longtime admirer, engineers one anti–Tide Lord plot after another, while powerful Tide Lord Cayal romances Arkady and contemplates suicide. More appealing are the human-beast servants called Crasii, some of whom secretly defy their Tide Lord creators. With abrupt cuts between intricate story lines and excursions into harem intrigue, Fallon strives to maintain momentum, but slogging through her interminable backstories often feels like battling a tidal wave of verbiage.

Jennifer Fallon - The Palace Of Impossible Dreams (The third book in the Tide Lords series) (EPUB)

The Tide Lords have gathered in Jelidia and find they must find the Chaos Crystal that brought

them to this world. It is discovered that Elyssa, Scard Crasii, Warlock's cruel immortal mistress

knows the location of the Chaos crystal and with every immortal searching for the crystal the

stakes are high.

Jennifer Fallon - The Chaos Crystal (The fourth book in the Tide Lords series) (EPUB)

The Tide Lords have gathered in Jelidia and find they must find the Chaos Crystal that brought

them to this world. It is discovered that Elyssa, Scard Crasii, Warlock's cruel immortal mistress

knows the location of the Chaos crystal and with every immortal searching for the crystal the

stakes are high.

FileSonic
    Code:
    http://www.filesonic.com/file/1354661374/jftl.rar

Mary Higgins Clark

Mary Higgins Clark's books are world-wide bestsellers. In the U.S. alone, her books have sold over one hundred million copies. She is the author of twenty-nine previous suspense novels. Her first book, a biographical novel about George Washington, was re-issued with the title, Mount Vernon Love Story, in June 2002. Her memoir, Kitchen Privileges, was published by Simon & Schuster in November 2002. Her first children's book, Ghost Ship, illustrated by Wendell Minor, was published in April 2007 as a Paula Wiseman Book/Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers.
    Mary Higgins Clark was chosen by Mystery Writers of America as Grand Master of the 2000 Edgar Awards. An annual Mary Higgins Clark Award sponsored by Simon & Schuster, to be given to authors of suspense fiction writing in the Mary Higgins Clark tradition, was launched by Mystery Writers of America during Edgars week in April 2001. She was the 1987 president of Mystery Writers of America and, for many years, served on their Board of Directors. In May 1988, she was Chairman of the International Crime Congress.

Mary Higgins Clark | 68 files | 23.4 MB | Mobi and epub formats
    mobi:
    Mary Higgins Clark - A Cry In The Night (1982).mobi
    Mary Higgins Clark - All Around the Town (1992).mobi
    Mary Higgins Clark - All Through the Night (1998).mobi
    Mary Higgins Clark - Before I Say Goodbye (2000).mobi
    Mary Higgins Clark - Daddy's Little Girl (2002).mobi
    Mary Higgins Clark - Death on the Cape and Other Stories (1993).mobi
    Mary Higgins Clark - Definitely, A Crime Of Passion.mobi
    Mary Higgins Clark - He Sees You When You're Sleeping (2001).mobi
    Mary Higgins Clark - Hook Man Speaks.mobi
    Mary Higgins Clark - I'll Be Seeing You (1993).mobi
    Mary Higgins Clark - I'll Walk Alone (2011).mobi
    Mary Higgins Clark - I Heard That Song Before (2007).mobi
    Mary Higgins Clark - Just Take My Heart (2009).mobi
    Mary Higgins Clark - Let Me Call You Sweetheart (1995).mobi
    Mary Higgins Clark - Loves Music, Loves to Dance (1991).mobi
    Mary Higgins Clark - Moonlight Becomes You (1996).mobi
    Mary Higgins Clark - Nighttime is My Time (2004).mobi
    Mary Higgins Clark - No Place Like Home (2005).mobi
    Mary Higgins Clark - On the Street Where You Live (2001).mobi
    Mary Higgins Clark - Pretend You Don't See Her (1995).mobi
    Mary Higgins Clark - Pretend You Don't See Her (1997).mobi
    Mary Higgins Clark - Remember Me (1994).mobi
    Mary Higgins Clark - Silent Night (1995).mobi
    Mary Higgins Clark - The Anastasia Syndrome and Other Stories (1989).mobi
    Mary Higgins Clark - The Cradle Will Fall (1980).mobi
    Mary Higgins Clark - The Lottery Winner Alvirah and Willy Stories (1994).mobi
    Mary Higgins Clark - The Second Time Around (2003).mobi
    Mary Higgins Clark - The Street Where You Live (2001).mobi
    Mary Higgins Clark - We'll Meet Again (1999).mobi
    Mary Higgins Clark - Weep No More My Lady (1987).mobi
    Mary Higgins Clark - Weep No More, My Lady (1987).mobi
    Mary Higgins Clark - Where are the Children (1975).mobi
    Mary Higgins Clark - Where Are You Now (2008).mobi
    Mary Higgins Clark - While My Pretty One Sleeps (19889).mobi
    Mary Higgins Clark - You Belong to Me (1998).mobi

epub:
    Mary Higgins Clark - A Cry In The Night (1982).epub
    Mary Higgins Clark - All Around the Town (1992).epub
    Mary Higgins Clark - All Through the Night (1998).epub
    Mary Higgins Clark - Before I Say Goodbye (2000).epub
    Mary Higgins Clark - Daddy's Little Girl (2002).epub
    Mary Higgins Clark - Death on the Cape and Other Stories (1993).epub
    Mary Higgins Clark - Definitely, A Crime Of Passion.epub
    Mary Higgins Clark - He Sees You When You're Sleeping (2001).epub
    Mary Higgins Clark - Hook Man Speaks.epub
    Mary Higgins Clark - I'll Be Seeing You (1993).epub
    Mary Higgins Clark - I'll Walk Alone (2011).epub
    Mary Higgins Clark - I Heard That Song Before (2007).epub
    Mary Higgins Clark - Just Take My Heart (2009).epub
    Mary Higgins Clark - Let Me Call You Sweetheart (1995).epub
    Mary Higgins Clark - Loves Music, Loves to Dance (1991).epub
    Mary Higgins Clark - Moonlight Becomes You (1996).epub
    Mary Higgins Clark - Nighttime is My Time (2004).epub
    Mary Higgins Clark - No Place Like Home (2005).epub
    Mary Higgins Clark - On the Street Where You Live (2001).epub
    Mary Higgins Clark - Pretend You Don't See Her (1997).epub
    Mary Higgins Clark - Remember Me (1994).epub
    Mary Higgins Clark - Silent Night (1995).epub
    Mary Higgins Clark - The Anastasia Syndrome and Other Stories (1989).epub
    Mary Higgins Clark - The Cradle Will Fall (1980).epub
    Mary Higgins Clark - The Lottery Winner (1994).epub
    Mary Higgins Clark - The Second Time Around (2003).epub
    Mary Higgins Clark - The Street Where You Live (2001).epub
    Mary Higgins Clark - We'll Meet Again (1999).epub
    Mary Higgins Clark - Weep No More My Lady (1987).epub
    Mary Higgins Clark - Where are the Children (1975).epub
    Mary Higgins Clark - Where Are You Now (2008).epub
    Mary Higgins Clark - While My Pretty One Sleeps (19889).epub
    Mary Higgins Clark - You Belong to Me (1998).epub
    Code:
    http://www.filesonic.com/file/1355017791/chm68.rar
    OR
    http://hotfile.com/dl/122913893/5340645/chm68.rar.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikosk View Post
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

Who was Mario Puzo's model for the Don Corleone character in The Godfather? Was it Joseph "Joe Bananas" Bonanno? The infamous Salvatore Maranzano? No . . . it was Puzo's mother! Senator Joseph McCarthy was responsible for the infamous "Hollywood Blacklist," right? Well, actually . . . no, he had nothing to do with it.

Perfect for the cocktail party pundit or trivia buff, the quirky tidbits in The Awful Truths turn history, culture, sports, and entertainment upside down. The book examines some of our culture's oldest, most popular myths, and tells the fascinating, hilarious, and shocking stories behind what really happened, accompanied by funny illustrations that bring the players to life. Each truth is supported with ironclad evidence that skillfully explains how and where our misconceptions originated. Sometimes the truth hurts—but with The Awful Truths, it doesn't have to.

http://www.mediafire.com/?484rbs7c3y1xxxj
    Anyone able to re-up this? thank you.

Smile Thanks + books

No luck with Mirrorshades, huh? I thought as much Anyway, here are some more books for everyone, in case I need assistance in locating another book in future

A Clockwork Orange (format: mobi)
    The certified classic by Anthony Burgess, published in 1962. Set in a dismal dystopia, it is the first-person account of a juvenile delinquent who undergoes state-sponsored psychological rehabilitation for his aberrant behavior. The novel satirizes extreme political systems that are based on opposing models of the perfectibility or incorrigibility of humanity. Written in a futuristic slang vocabulary invented by Burgess, in part by adaptation of Russian words, it was his most original and best-known work. Alex, the protagonist, has a passion for classical music and is a member of a vicious teenage gang that commits random acts of brutality. Captured and imprisoned, he is transformed through behavioral conditioning into a model citizen, but his taming also leaves him defenseless. He ultimately reverts to his former behavior.

Donwload link

The Stars My Destination (format: mobi)
    The Stars My Destination has been featured in every science fiction Top Ten list ever compiled, although over half-a-century has passed since its publication. That, alone, is a pretty impressive achievement. This classic SF novel anticipated many of the staples of the 1980s' Cyberpunk movement, for instance the megacorporations as powerful as governments, a dark overall vision of the future and the cybernetic enhancement of the body. Bester's unique addition to this mix is the concept that human beings could learn to teleport, or "jaunte" from point to point...

Download link

and here's a little something for Harry Potter fans

Understanding Harry Potter (format: mobi)
    Everyone knows how the Harry Potter series has become a publishing and merchandizing phenomenon. You may have read the books, discussed them with your friends and have seen the films. But what are they really about? This set of books will help you understand the themes, traditions and ideas that drive this popular series.

Download link

Apologies if these books have been posted here before.

'bye
    Last edited by Culture_Vulture; 07-02-2011 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vooyah View Post
    Anyone able to re-up this? thank you.
    http://d e po sit file s.com/files/olj27xy45

For whatever reason it won't let me paste it right. Hopefully you can decipher it.

Lavinia Lewis - Kelan's Pursuit 2011

While werewolf Kelan Morgan is visiting his brother in New York, he’s both surprised and delighted to find his destined mate in a bar. Jake Bradfield is everything Kelan ever wanted in a mate. But Jake is not a werewolf—he’s a human who was hurt in the past and has sworn off relationships. Kelan works hard to convince Jake they have a future together, but just when his persistence is paying off, Jake is almost killed by a shifter with a grudge. If Kelan wants the happy ending he always dreamt of, he must find the elusive culprit before he attacks again.

Download:
    Code:
    http://www.filesonic.com/file/1356986464/Kelan's_Pursuit.rar

+ Reply to Thread