Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 22 of 22

Thread: Bypass Internet Censorship

  1. #13
    simplysrk's Avatar
    simplysrk is offline Masala Super Champion
    Mr. Chit Chatter 2009
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22,368
    any solution for high speed download in dial-up.....:sad:
    Instead of Reps, Send ME Masala DVD(S), Contact me (or) OJ for my Address Simply Srk



  2. #14
    khiladi007's Avatar
    khiladi007 is offline Golden Member
    Donor, Mr. Glorious 2007, Mr. ChitChatter 2007
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    кђเlค๔เ007
    Posts
    56,042
    Quote Originally Posted by simplysrk View Post
    any solution for high speed download in dial-up.....:sad:
    Try this....


  3. #15
    saugata's Avatar
    saugata is offline Masala Maha Champion
    Donor, MB Award Winner 2003, CC Contest Winner
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Inside ur PC
    Posts
    17,566
    Quote Originally Posted by simplysrk View Post
    any solution for high speed download in dial-up.....:sad:
    Maximum download speed for 56K dial up is 7 KBPS whereas 64K dial leads to 8 KBPS, hence theoretically u can't exceed that. However u can enhance your browsing speed far beyond 8 KBPS by using compression technology. Browsers like Opera uses such compression technology which might give u a better chance to load a page faster than normal. If you enable Opera turbo mode then a 700 KB webpage may be compressed to a 100 KB content and can be download maximum 7 times faster than your usual speed. But for downloading videos or music or other downloadable files it will not help. If you are in a place where availability of broadband is limited then you might go for EDGE connection offered by cell phone providers, an EDGE connection is much faster than 56K dial up and off course cheaper ... it will give you 15-24 KBPS download speed depending upon the tower distance & congestion; or you may get some CDMA Internet like Tata CDMA Land Phone connection which has option for CDMA internet, this will also give you about 12-18 KBPS download speed. Choice is yours.

  4. #16
    simplysrk's Avatar
    simplysrk is offline Masala Super Champion
    Mr. Chit Chatter 2009
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22,368
    thanks 100 gata....my internet woes doesnt change even OJ is made the Admin.....
    Quote Originally Posted by saugata View Post
    Maximum download speed for 56K dial up is 7 KBPS whereas 64K dial leads to 8 KBPS, hence theoretically u can't exceed that. However u can enhance your browsing speed far beyond 8 KBPS by using compression technology. Browsers like Opera uses such compression technology which might give u a better chance to load a page faster than normal. If you enable Opera turbo mode then a 700 KB webpage may be compressed to a 100 KB content and can be download maximum 7 times faster than your usual speed. But for downloading videos or music or other downloadable files it will not help. If you are in a place where availability of broadband is limited then you might go for EDGE connection offered by cell phone providers, an EDGE connection is much faster than 56K dial up and off course cheaper ... it will give you 15-24 KBPS download speed depending upon the tower distance & congestion; or you may get some CDMA Internet like Tata CDMA Land Phone connection which has option for CDMA internet, this will also give you about 12-18 KBPS download speed. Choice is yours.
    Instead of Reps, Send ME Masala DVD(S), Contact me (or) OJ for my Address Simply Srk



  5. #17
    manamaboy's Avatar
    manamaboy is offline Super Moderator
    Donor, Editor - CC NL, Mr. Creative & Thread of Threads (MB Award 2006)
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    டீ கடை பெஞ்சு
    Posts
    57,062
    Quote Originally Posted by simplysrk View Post
    thanks 100 gata....my internet woes doesnt change even OJ is made the Admin.....
    Read the reply first vennai...
    The facts expressed here belong to everybody, the opinions to me. The distinction is yours to draw...

  6. #18
    simplysrk's Avatar
    simplysrk is offline Masala Super Champion
    Mr. Chit Chatter 2009
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22,368
    avaney sonna unnaku enge mangaagathu....avanai directa thitta mudiyathu...eppadi ethavathu kanna pinna sonna than undu....ithu kuda puriyala....
    Quote Originally Posted by manamaboy View Post
    Read the reply first vennai...
    Instead of Reps, Send ME Masala DVD(S), Contact me (or) OJ for my Address Simply Srk



  7. #19
    inianin's Avatar
    inianin is offline Moderator
    Donor, Mr. Glorious 2007 (Twice), Thread of Threads 2007, 2008, 2009 & 2011, MB Contest Winner 2011, MB Lifetime Award 2011, Mr. Masalaboard 2012, Thread of Threads (Videos) 2013
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    ROFLMAOLOLISTAN
    Posts
    128,597
    sugata mama, any way to get over this 900 plan of BSNL,

    1 mbps till 10 gb, 512 after that... loading youtube and all is pain with this speed

  8. #20
    saugata's Avatar
    saugata is offline Masala Maha Champion
    Donor, MB Award Winner 2003, CC Contest Winner
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Inside ur PC
    Posts
    17,566
    Quote Originally Posted by inianin View Post
    sugata mama, any way to get over this 900 plan of BSNL,

    1 mbps till 10 gb, 512 after that... loading youtube and all is pain with this speed
    No you can't, the bandwidth is controlled from server termination points

    btw it seems like an old plan, I can see in the new list, why don't u upgrade to BBG Combo ULD 1425, http://www.bsnl.co.in/opencms/bsnl/B...mbo_unlim.html

  9. #21
    saugata's Avatar
    saugata is offline Masala Maha Champion
    Donor, MB Award Winner 2003, CC Contest Winner
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Inside ur PC
    Posts
    17,566
    Quote Originally Posted by simplysrk View Post
    avaney sonna unnaku enge mangaagathu....avanai directa thitta mudiyathu...eppadi ethavathu kanna pinna sonna than undu....ithu kuda puriyala....
    translation please

  10. #22
    inianin's Avatar
    inianin is offline Moderator
    Donor, Mr. Glorious 2007 (Twice), Thread of Threads 2007, 2008, 2009 & 2011, MB Contest Winner 2011, MB Lifetime Award 2011, Mr. Masalaboard 2012, Thread of Threads (Videos) 2013
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    ROFLMAOLOLISTAN
    Posts
    128,597
    Quote Originally Posted by saugata View Post
    No you can't, the bandwidth is controlled from server termination points

    btw it seems like an old plan, I can see in the new list, why don't u upgrade to BBG Combo ULD 1425, http://www.bsnl.co.in/opencms/bsnl/B...mbo_unlim.html
    budget problem macha

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •