Thread: How to convert 1tb external HDD from exFAT to FAT32 ?

catfight_indian is offline Golden Member
    Mr. Chit Chatter 2010

Question How to convert 1tb external HDD from exFAT to FAT32 ?

I have brought a seagate 1TB 2.5" USB 3.0 external HDD I want it to convert to FAT3, so I can attach it to my PS3 and increase my gaming arsenal

Now like a good kid I googled and learned about 'HP USA disc storage format tool' and it does convert it to FAT32 but after that disc only shows 128GB space and show rest as filled I tried 2-3 times.

Now it can be done for sure I mean conversion with keeping entire space intact, but how ?

Breakloose is online now Golden Member
    Donor, Mr. Chitchatter 2012, Mr.Masalaboard 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by catfight_indian View Post
    I have brought a seagate 1TB 2.5" USB 3.0 external HDD I want it to convert to FAT3, so I can attach it to my PS3 and increase my gaming arsenal

Now like a good kid I googled and learned about 'HP USA disc storage format tool' and it does convert it to FAT32 but after that disc only shows 128GB space and show rest as filled I tried 2-3 times.

Now it can be done for sure I mean conversion with keeping entire space intact, but how ?

I think anything above 32 GB is NTFS

Mr. Chit Chatter 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Breakloose View Post

I think anything above 32 GB is NTFS
    nope it can be done for sure, I know one of my friend can do it but I don't wanna call him. Hasn't talked him in a while and my life in peaceful or else he will create tension in it by asking to download PS3 games

Breakloose is online now Golden Member
    Donor, Mr. Chitchatter 2012, Mr.Masalaboard 2014
    nope it can be done for sure, I know one of my friend can do it but I don't wanna call him. Hasn't talked him in a while and my life in peaceful or else he will create tension in it by asking to download PS3 games
    Read this out http://www.sans.org/reading-room/whi...e-system-33274

Mr. Chit Chatter 2010
    DID it billi is

khiladi007 is offline Golden Member
    Donor, Mr. Glorious 2007, Mr. ChitChatter 2007
    you still playing games?

saugata is offline Masala Maha Champion
    Donor, MB Award Winner 2003, CC Contest Winner
    Yes, it possible, in FAT32 it can be formatted upto 2 TB though micro$oft put a limitation of 32 in their tools. U 1st need to create a partition of the big drive with max allocation of space and then merge the rest with it. The disk must be initialized as basic rather than dynamic and after formatting u need to use a tool called fat32format from http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/dow...at32format.zip to expand it to upto 2TB. It is really simple to do so. btw never run chkdisk in that drive, it might become corrupt.

Mr. Chit Chatter 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by saugata View Post
    Yes, it possible, in FAT32 it can be formatted upto 2 TB though micro$oft put a limitation of 32 in their tools. U 1st need to create a partition of the big drive with max allocation of space and then merge the rest with it. The disk must be initialized as basic rather than dynamic and after formatting u need to use a tool called fat32format from http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/dow...at32format.zip to expand it to upto 2TB. It is really simple to do so. btw never run chkdisk in that drive, it might become corrupt.
    'HP USA disc storage format tool' did it dada, actually at first i was doing quick format but when I tried complete format it converted entire 1TB disk to FAT32

saugata is offline Masala Maha Champion
    Donor, MB Award Winner 2003, CC Contest Winner
    'HP USA disc storage format tool' did it dada, actually at first i was doing quick format but when I tried complete format it converted entire 1TB disk to FAT32
    lovely .. but i think it's HP USB disc storage format tool not HP USA .. right?

How to convert 1tb external HDD from exFAT to FAT32

how to set background color for cmp.horizontalList ? set background color in image file like image1 file

and how to convert 88.00 to 88 DOLLARS AND NO CENT format here 88 is bigdecimal value.
    Details: South-africa Finance Advanced News.